Yield: 6 cups
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 2 medium heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-4 cloves garlic (depending on how much garlic flavor you’d like)
- 8-10 cups water
- 2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp ghee or butter
- Fresh herbs, to taste (I used Dill)
- Place the cauliflower and garlic cloves in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Add enough water to almost cover the cauliflower.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Drain the water in a strainer and place the cauliflower back into the slow cooker and blend using an immersion blender until the desired consistency is reached (or place the cauliflower in the bowl of blender or food processor and process until the desired consistency is reached).
- Add the salt and ghee and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately (add fresh herbs, to taste) or divide into portions for freezing.
- Allow the mixture to cool and pour portions into freezer bags (or use your preferred freezing method).
- Flatten the mixture and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw and heat in a saucepan over medium heat until heated through.
Net Carb Count*: 2.99 g net carbs (for 1/2 cup–makes 6 cups )
Total Carb Count: 5.41 g total carbs (for 1/2 cup)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs – fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.