Recipe courtesy George Stella
1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese
1⁄8 cup shredded Swiss cheese (or 1 slice)
1⁄4 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: 8 inch nonstick fry pan
1. Set the stove burner to medium or number 5 on the dial.
2. Evenly add the 3 cheeses to the center of the pan in a thin layer leaving an inch or so space around the inside so you can flip the fried cheese later.
3. Next sprinkle the cheese evenly with the oregano, salt and garlic powder and place the pan over the heat.
4. Cook the cheese for about 3 minutes until the bottom of the cheese when lifted at the edge to check is a golden dark brown.
5. Carefully flip the fried cheese and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat, flip right side up onto a paper towel or napkin to drain excess oil and immediately cut into 8 wedges. Let cool for 5 minutes to crisp before enjoying!
1 Net Carb per serving, 4 servings