1lb ground beef
1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (I make my own, but they also sell them in stores)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 TB chopped garlic
1 tsp dried parsley
1.5 TB dried minced onion
salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the eggs, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley and onion. Add a few twists of salt and pepper (I say twists because I have salt and pepper grinders…I twist about 5 times).
3. Add your beef and mix until well combined. You could also mix this by hand…it would just take longer.
4. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, form 2 inch meatballs very gently. Don’t press hard and compact them like a snowball…you want them to be nice and light, almost like they might fall apart. They also don’t have to be perfectly round…see pictures above.
5. Bake for 23 minutes. (Yes, bake…not fry. The crispy edge little bits they form in the oven will melt off into your tomato sauce and add lots of good flavor)
Makes about 13 meatballs (2 in each). You can eat them immediately, store in the fridge for a few hours/days, or freeze them for later.