Garlic Lime Chicken – Serves 2
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons butter
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon thyme
- Mix seasonings together in large zip-top baggie. Add chicken breasts to the bag, seal, and smoosh around until all chicken is well coated with seasoning.
- Add butter and olive oil to pan and melt.
- Add chicken and cook on both sides until done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- To skillet, add lime juice and broth. Using a whisk, mix the liquids and browned bits off pan bottom and sides. Continue cooking until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add chicken back to the pan, coating with the sauce. Then serve.